Total Pageviews

Friday 15 April 2016

MACHIDA OUT OF HENDERSON FIGHT!

Lyoto Machida VS Dan Henderson has been cancelled following Machida failing a drug test. The bout was scheduled for UFC Fight Night Tampa, Florida this weekend. Dan Henderson will now fight Hector Lombard at UFC 199 on June 4th. This will be the last fight on Henderson's current contract.
Credit: UFC

Machida blames a supplement for his failure of the drug test and it looks like we're going to have a Romero incident all over again. Machida released a statement on facebook revealing he was taking the supplement 7-Keto which contains DHEA, which is a banned substance. However it was legal in 2015 before the introduction of USADA.

This is what Machida had to say on the issue. "I'm here to tell you that I was caught by surprise by this news,". "It has been very difficult for me. I've trained a lot for this fight, I've dedicated a lot with all my teammates. I want to tell you that I really didn't know about this substance, so I listed it on my declaration form amongst everything else I was taking, and this substance was recently banned in 2016, so I take the blame for not knowing that, and I'd like to say I'm really sorry and apologize to my fans, teammates, and my family... I always try to play by the book, but unfortunately this happened."

So another innocent mistake or do we now have an issue in MMA of fighters taking supplements containing performance enhancing drugs so it's an easy way out of the punishments for taking them?

No comments:

Post a Comment