Total Pageviews

Monday 6 June 2016

RIP Muhammad Ali, The Greatest Of All Time

It really does pain me to say that  on the third of June  we lost not only the greatest boxer of all time but one of the greatest human beings that will ever live. This is just my way of paying tribute to Muhammad Ali The Greatest Of All Time (GOAT). Firstly anyone who says they don't  know who the GOAT is then never speak to me again. Muhammad Ali was more than just a boxer he managed to inspire people around the world years after he retired. I remember way before I knew what kickboxing or MMA was when I was a little kid I would watch videos of his quotes and just sit there in awe. Now that I fight I will still listen to his speeches and the confidence and inspiration it gives me can not even be put in to words.

When I found out that he had sadly passed away I had to hold back the tears. Now I'm not usually the guy to get upset over famous people passing away, but Muhammad Ali was not your ordinary celebrity because there will never be an athlete who will touch nearly half as many lives as he has.
I know this was not the most well written tribute to Muhammad Ali it is just something I felt I had to do to show how much he helped me become the person I am today. So I thank him for everything that he did and not just in the ring but out side of it. He knew what he stood for and he was willing to accept what ever was thrown at him for as a result of his beliefs.

Muhammad Ali's legacy will always live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment