Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 December 2016

Conor McGregor: I am still a two-weight world champion, UFC is fooling nobody

Credit: Esther Lin (MMA Fighting)

Live on the UFC Fight Night Melbourne broadcast last weekend the UFC announced that Conor McGregor had relinquished the UFC Featherweight title. This is saying that he voluntarily gave up the title.

Conor was quiet for almost a week then on Friday during a Q&A session at the Devenish Bar in Belfast, Northern Ireland. McGregor was inevitably asked about the loss of the 145lb title, his response was "I aint stripped, I still got that belt, I'm still a two-weight world champion"

"I’m still the two-way world champion, someone has to come take that from me. I see articles, I see stuff online, but I don’t see the belt not in my presence. The belt is right there, there’s two world titles at my home."

The interviewer asked Conor if he'd been stripped or if he had relinquished the title, this was Conor's response. "Eddie [Alvarez] is still unconscious, what do you mean? I only fought last week. Them belts are mine." "you can play with those fake belts all you want. Jose was KO'd, Eddie was KO’d, you’re looking at the two-weight world champion and that’s it. I’ll say to the UFC, and I love their company, you’re fooling nobody, you’re fooling nobody with that."


If you liked this post or any of the others on this blog then please support us by clicking on the adverts you see in the right sidebar and below, it takes under a second and is completely free!! Thank you it is greatly appreciated!
For Full coverage, opinions and scorecards on MMA events follow
https://twitter.com/TheMMAGenius
And like our Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/themmagenius

No comments:

Post a Comment