Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 May 2016

An Exclusive Interview With Upcoming Talent Joe 'The Reaper' West!

Hello guys it's been a short while since our last post but there is a reason, today we are bringing you our first interview! We have the first interview with Joe 'The Reaper' West before his first pro fight. Joe has an impressive record as an amateur (5-1) in Muay Thai, (3-0) in boxing and (1-1) in K1. He is also currently ranked 2nd in the age 17 62Kg category for Muay Thai in the UK and the Kwon UK K1 ranked number 3 in the 16-17 62kg category.

Caleb: We're here with Joe 'The Reaper' West. Joe how are you doing?

Joe: It's great being here, I'm doing good thank you, how are you?

Caleb: I'm doing great thank you and it's good to have you on. As I've just mentioned you have an impressive record as an amateur, what do you attribute your success to?

Joe: Thank you for the kind words, I have to thank my coaches over the years for building me as a fighter and making me what I am today, but more than anything like any fighter will tell you it comes down to dedication to your training and loving what you do. In combat sports it's not enough to want it, you have to live, breathe, eat and sleep fighting otherwise you will not be successful. No fighter is talented we are just addicts to combat.

Caleb: What is your background in martial arts?
Joe: I began karate at the age of 3 as my parents wanted me to be able to defend myself , I wasn't really a fan of this as it didn't involve much contact. I grew up watching the Rocky movies so I always fancied having a go at boxing however I had a lot of problems with my head as a baby so my parents never wanted me to go into a sport where 90% of hits are thrown to the head. So I just carried on with karate, my mom then bought me tickets to a Thai boxing event for my 10th birthday where I say Damien Trainor fight. This made me want to get into the ring and start Thai boxing, so it was not long after I signed up to Thai boxing I also trained in boxing, MMA and done a bit of Judo. I've competed in Muay Thai, Boxing and more recently since then K1.

Caleb: So tell us a little bit about your fight on June 4th.

Joe: I'm making my pro debut on Champions Collide on the 4th of June in Coventry if anyone wants tickets they can get them on my website http://gowest1998.wix.com/the-reaper. I'm fighting a more experienced opponent who is 21 years older than me. I am feeling very confident for this fight. This has been my hardest fight camp so far, my opponent will not be able to match my levels of cardio, my power shots will make him curl over in pain and then I will go for the finish. The fight will end before the final bell, if it does not then credit to him for going the distance but there is not chance of him beating me. I have a lot of respect for my opponent we are both going in there to knock each other out, but on June 4th I will be the better man and that will be reflected in the result.

Caleb: Obviously not looking past this fight on June 4th but what are you looking for in your next three or four fights, to stay in local shows, fight better competition and gain more experience or do you have other plans?

Joe: In terms of the future after this fight I will be boxing very soon like I said, I also have a pro K1 fight booked for October on a local show. After that I'm looking to get some more boxing fights in before the end of the year then next year I'm hoping to continue with Thai, K1 and boxing hoping to take on some international competition at pro level. I'd also like to find some high profile sponsors by the end of next year and just get my name more well known.

Caleb: What's the end goal for you and your career?

Joe: The end goal for my career is to fight on the highest level in all 3 combat sports that I compete in, to go down as one of the best stand up fighters in history and to be a role model to future generations like Muhammad Ali is, But most of all I want to inspire someone else the way that Damien Trainor did to me and obviously retire stinking rich.

Caleb: I love the ambition and it's great to see young talent in combat sports coming through with plans to rise to the top, before you go, very selfishly I have to ask if you'd ever consider MMA as a career

Joe: Yeah I'd definitely consider MMA, I do have previous experience in the sport and I'm currently in talks with an MMA organisation but that's all the information I can release right now regarding MMA.

Caleb: Well we look forward to catching up with you after your fight and in the future.


Joe: It's been great talking with you I'll look forward to our next interview.



If you'd like to sponsor Joe then contact him through his website or on his twitter account https://twitter.com/the_reaper_uk or contact us our twitter page https://twitter.com/TheMMAGenius

If you liked this post or any other of the other posts on our blog then support us by clicking on the adverts you see in the sidebar and below. Thank you, it is greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment